We are accepting Applications
Classes will begin this Fall (2017) in Reno
Nevada Partners Leadership Program
The Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities is seeking applications from motivated, interested individuals throughout Northern Nevada, who have developmental disabilities, special health care needs, mental health concerns,or are parents of young children with developmental disabilities, special health care needs, or mental health concerns to become candidates for Nevada Partners Leadership Program (formerly Partners in Policymaking,) Class of 2017.
Participants are required to:
- Commit to attend 8 Saturday sessions in Reno from 9:00AM to 5:00PM, one time per month, from September 16, 2017, October 14 2017, November 18 2017, skipping December, January 13 2018, February 10 2018, March 10 2018, April 7 2018, & May 5 2018.
- Complete homework assignments between sessions.
- Complete an e-learning course. (technical assistance will be provided if needed).
- Commit to a project to be completed after graduation.
Participants Will Received:
- Valuable working knowledge on disability issues and information on resources available in their community.
- Advocacy skills.
- New relationships with people who have the same interests as you.
Nevada Partners Leadership Program is all about…
- Leadership skills and developing positive partnerships with elected officials and other individuals who make policy decisions about services that you and/or your family use.
- Systems change—creating, working towards, and achieving a vision of shared values about people with disabilities.
- Becoming confident in oneself, competent in the knowledge and information received, and comfortable in sharing the life experiences and expertise one brings to the program.